Shown with custom white paint option.
a 1700 gallon working capacity! This Bowie Hydro-Mulcher
is an ideal choice for
your lawn projects or acreage projects . The strong mixing
and agitation requires no starting and stopping or reversing
of agitation to load and mix this hydro-seeder. Let the muscle
of the rugged Bowie 1700 work for you. The Bowie
1700 is designed to maximize your hydro-seeder production
and cut your costs. Compare the Bowie 1700 and you will clearly
see the “Built Strong – Built to Last” features
of this hydroseeding equipment. The strong heavy-duty construction
of the 4 inch square tubing frame base shows it all starts
with a strong foundation, the strong construction continues
from the base to the top deck. The top deck is reinforced
for carrying extra materials.
The Bowie 1700 Hydro-Mulcher has a powerful, high-torque,
direct-drive mulch shredder system that is standard. This
feature pulverizes mulch during the loading process. The
also has three direct-drive mixing agitators. With this
loading and mixing capability, the slurry can created as
mulch can be loaded. When mulch goes into the tank completely
it goes into solution almost instantly. This very fast
loading and mixing is only possible with the powerful but
Bowie high-torque direct-drive mixing system. Speed in
The Bowie 1700 costs less than its nearest competitor
and offers enhancing options offered by no other competitor.
Up to 25% more material can be loaded and pumped in each
tank load saving you 25% in time and labor.
Now you can hydroseed faster, enjoy ease of operation
and handle more material with a Bowie 1700
Powered by a
83 HP Diesel Engine!
available on any Bowie equipment built with a
CAT power plant!
- Engine: CAT 83 HP Diesel complete w/starter, generator & main
- Pump: 4" x 3" Deming Centrifugal pump,
independently operated by its own clutch.
- Drive: Gates® Industrial Belt and Diamond® Chain
- Tower: All controls located on top rear of unit, Temperature
gauge, oil and generator light, Horn signaling device, Flarestat
signal lights, Non-skid floor plate, and Safety guardrails around
- Discharge Gun: 3" all pipe with quick coupling for
easy removal, Chiksan swivel for smooth control of gun, Full
360- degree horizontal rotation and 160-degree vertical movement,
and 4 Nozzles for close, medium and long distance spraying.
- Tank: 3/16" steel plate tank, catalyzed
epoxy resin coating on inside of tank, agitator and shredder
bar to prevent rusting and corrosion. Gate valve inside of
to hold slurry away from pump. Large opening in top for easy
cleaning and maintenance, Enclosed shredder bar for shredding
full bales of wood cellulose fiber, 3 Agitators to keep slurry
homogenous, All shafts supported by self-aligning ball bearings
and adjustable lubricated packing on inside of tank, 2" NPT
opening for filling, Chain and belt drive throughout
- Capacity: 1700 gallon tank
- Length: 15'-7", Width: 8'-1", Height: 7'-3"
- Weight Empty: 7,070 lbs, Loaded weight, 19,750
- Frame: Heavy Duty Skid - Auxiliary gas tank for all
|More features than
||More power than a Finn!
|More options than a
||More economy than a
Options for Bowie 1700 Series
- Moyno Pump 6" for Bowie 1700
- Set-up for future install of Moyno
- Dual Towers for Bowie 1700
- Variable Speed Reverse Agitation
- Fresh Water Flush System
- Ground Control for Bowie 1700
- 5' Cab-over Platform Extension
- Electric Hose Reel
- Manual Hose Reel
- Loading Elevator
- Expanded Metal in Guard Rails
- Hinged Opening in Guard Rails
- Fender Wells for frame mounting
- Spare Tire
NOTE: All units priced F.O.B. factory or current location.
Freight not included.
Click here to view the Bowie Warranty.
Click a model below for more details.
||CAT® financing available on
any Bowie equipment built with a CAT power plant!
Looking to buy a new hydro-seeder or straw mulcher? Have questions about our used equipment inventory? Fill out our electronic inquiry form or call us at 1-800-826-8873!
* All payments listed are 60-month term with $1.00 buyout option
at lease end.
Leases and Equipment Finance Agreements are available.
BUILD A MEGA-MULCHER©!!
Order your new Bowie Hydro Mulcher with all the options!
Or build up your Bowie and take it to the max!
If you already own a Bowie Hydro Mulcher you can build-it-up with new parts
and accessories from Emerald. Build-up your Bowie and join the many Bowie Hydro
Mulcher owners classified as "Mega-Mulchers" - with the most productive
and competitive hydro mulchers in the USA!!
Bowie Imperial 3400 "Mega-Mulcher"©
- owned by a hydroseeding company in Texas. It has a 6 cylinder Turbo Diesel
engine and two pumps! The additional Moyno pump is capable of pumping thick
slurries through 1,500+ feet of hose uphill!
Blow the competition away, build a Bowie
Bowie options typically used to build a MEGA-MULCHER:
- Moyno Pump
- Centrifugal Pump upgrades
- Gear Pump upgrades in size & quality
- Flush Tank
- Loading Elevator
And Much More...
- Cab-over Platform Extension
- Variable Speed Reversible Agitation
- Gooseneck or Bumper Pull Trailer
- Electric or Hydraulic Rewind Hose Reel
Please contact Emerald for pricing Mega-Mulcher options, parts and accessories.
BOWIE HYDRO MULCHERS® - the most productive and competitive hydro
mulchers in the USA and the World!
Take it to the max!
Hydro-seeders and Hydro Mulchers are extremely versatile. We
encourage owners of these specialized machines to take full
of all they’re capable of performing!
- topdress mulching
- hydro fertilizing
- fire control
- equipment washing
- watering trees/new plantings
- street washing
- water truck services
- anything a water truck can do these can do better !
Find out how you can own and take full advantage of one of
the hardest working, most efficient machines in the world! Call
Emerald Equipment - Home of